Helpful Tips When Choosing A Towing Service Near You
1. Check Their Reliability
The first thing you should do is check the reliability of the towing company. This means that they should have a good reputation with past clients and should be able to provide references for you to visit if need be. You can also ask for recommendations from friends who have used a tow truck service. This way, you will get an idea of how reliable they are and whether or not they will be able to provide the type of service that you need.
2. Service Availability
You must also check their availability to know when they are available if your car needs assistance on the road or off-road conditions. They should also have a number where they can be reached in emergency situations or any other concerns at any time of day or night.
3. Arrival Time
If you choose a tow truck service that arrives late or takes too long to get there, it defeats the whole purpose of getting help from them! So ensure that your chosen truck comes in within 30 minutes from when you call them out at night or on weekends.
4. Do They Have the Right Type of Tow Truck You Need?
Choosing an appropriate tow truck is essential when selecting a towing company. You should consider the size and weight capacity since these will determine whether or not they can handle your vehicle. You can look into this by checking their website or calling them directly.
5. Customer Service
Your safety should be priority number one if you ever find yourself in an emergency situation with your car breaking down or getting stuck somewhere on the side of a road far away from home or work.
6. Do They Provide Cost Estimates?
The cost estimate is one of the most important things to consider when choosing a tow truck service. You want to know how much it will cost if you need to have your vehicle towed. Most companies will provide this information over the phone or online.
7. What Factors Are Considered For Cost Estimates?
- Total Distance. One factor considered when calculating costs is the distance from their facility to your location. If the distance is long, the cost will be higher than if it is short. However, other factors can affect the cost.
- Weather Conditions. The weather determines how much you will be charged for towing services. The reason is that inclement weather affects the condition of roads and highways, making it difficult for tow trucks to reach your location on time. Also, inclement weather may delay traffic, resulting in increased costs due to waiting time by the driver and crew members at the scene of accidents or breakdowns.
- Status of the vehicle to be towed. Is the vehicle driveable or not?
- Type of vehicle to be towed. The type of vehicle being towed, whether an SUV or sedan, will significantly affect the price of towing service.
- Time Zone. Also, the time zone will affect how much it costs because some areas have higher rates than others during certain hours of each day.
- Selected Tow Truck. Another factor that is considered is the chosen tow truck since they vary in size and capacity, so there will be a difference in price depending on which one you choose.
8. Are They Registered and Insured?
Are they registered with the state where they operate? This means they have gone through all of the necessary procedures to operate as a business within your state legally. Many states also require companies to carry liability insurance in case anything happens while working on your car or truck.
9. Is Their Equipment Up-To-Date?
Another thing you should check when choosing a towing company is whether or not their equipment is up-to-date and well-maintained. A promising sign of this is if they have up-to-date permits issued by your state’s Department of Transportation (DOT). Also, ask about their certifications and training programs for employees who work on vehicles regularly.
Need A Towing Service? Call New Image Today!
It is a good idea to check online reviews, but you can always be careful. You must always ask for recommendations from your family, friends, and neighbors about a service before you make any commitments. Remember that calling references can save you time, money, and headaches if you still decide which towing service to choose. Sometimes you will have an urgent request without the luxury of going through these tips. At those times, choose “a tow truck near me” for fast service. New Image Towing has an excellent reputation, and they value their clients.